« Home | but i tell you to buy this album » | But I Tell You... » | sacred space » | for your information » | our apt » | » | » | » | the longest day of my life.... » | the latest plans »

plan b

just finished reading don miller's through painted deserts today and it is a great read. the subtitle reads: light, god and beauty on the open road - and that is a great description. it was cool to read it and relate with a similar path on a big road trip. one of the biggest theme's in this book is don's quest for answers to the 'why' questions of life, instead of the 'how'. so not so much how do i get married and how do i get a good job and such, but more why am i here and why do i love? a good read for sure. here is my favorite quote from the book: "i think we are supposed to stand in deserts and marvel at how the sun rises. i think we are supposed to sleep in meadows and watch stars dart across space and time. i think we are supposed to love our friends and introduce people to the story, to the peaceful, calming why of life. i think life is spirituality."

Amen, bro... I thank-you for your part in that... especially the loving your friends part as I recieve that blessing from you. What a thought - our calling is to introduce people to the story, the calming why of life... What a way to spend our time.

I like the "life is a dance" passage. I bought and read the first edition of that book when I was a sophomore at Biola. The original title was "prayer and the art of volkswagen maintenance." I'm looking forward to visiting his church next time I'm in Portland. Dude, your wedding video would be done if Foster would drop off his footage. He took off with the tapes, and keeps "rescheduling" dropping them off.

Post a Comment

My Music Available At:

    Buy the CD
    album cover
    click to order

Mr and Mrs Ashdown

Current Readings

eXTReMe Tracker