« Home | for your information » | our apt » | » | » | » | the longest day of my life.... » | the latest plans » | rita » | hey, remember me? » | couple new pick ups »

sacred space

so a while back my buddy Chris told me about this website that is a prayer site run by the irish jesuits that has like a daily prayer path. so i bookmarked it and visited it a couple of times. this morning i decided to check it out again and i suggest visiting it every once and a while. the site is called Sacred Space and it has helped breathe life into me, helped me slow down and encounter God. this morning the concluding prayer was this: "Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen." as i was praying this i was remined of how eternity isnt something that was go to. it begins now. when we become a new creation because of Jesus, eternity begins. we are forever a part of a world without end. i have also been reading rob's book and i love his insights of wanting to be people that bring heaven here - kingdom living. not being people who are bringing hell here. the question wasnt, how do i get into heaven? but how do i bring heaven here? God, may i be a follower who brings heaven here; one who brings your love, grace, compassion - to oppressed, marginalized, and hurting people. one who stands against injustice and all the people bringing hell to your world. use me Lord. here am i, use me.

Yo dude. Just wanted to say thanks for the book list. I actually read Velvet Elvis earlier this month. That's what got me hooked into reading. Well, I'll surely check out the others as I have time to read them. Oh and by the way I checked out this prayer sight...both times I went there it was right on with what I've been learning...man God sure is crazy like that huh...He totally likes to mess with my mind.

Post a Comment

My Music Available At:

    Buy the CD
    album cover
    click to order

Mr and Mrs Ashdown

Current Readings

eXTReMe Tracker