« Home | new readings » | a great morning » | the best thing i have heard yet.... » | need a doctor? » | and a few pages later... » | powerful words, beautiful words » | wow » | pictures finally up! » | 24 meets 25 » | day one of the sensaphonics »

rushkoff

so i started reading nothing sacred this morning and here is some goodness that got me thinking this morning... "judaism has always seemed less like a religion than the process by which we get over religion. it was intended as a path not to complacency or self-satisfaction, but to questions and action." "religions aren't necessarily functioning at their best when they provide pat answers to life's biggest questions." i believe this can and should be said about christianity. it isnt a religion - it was to fly in the face of the religious and be a path to action. i love that. jesus was all about not being like the pharisees and the religion of the day. he was all about quesitons and action. how many people today have been told that christianity is all about your self-satisfaction (ie going to heaven when i die) and have been givin simple "pat" answers to our questions... God help me be a change agent in your world, open my eyes to the reality of you and your hopes, dreams, and plans for your creation. i am excited about this book!

great post... I love that Jesus offered a new way of doing things. Let me suggest that the pharasees were also about action as especially were the zealots. Jesus was offereing a new kind of action that captured the real heart of the Torah; grace and truth.

I love it... may we all be moved to action... is just accepting someone else's answers really deeping our own realtationship anyway? Probably not...

I want to know for myself, upclose, the heartbeat of the God who made me...

Love ya man...

-J

I think we could all learn a thing or two from Judaism. Nice thoughts.

Post a Comment

My Music Available At:

    Buy the CD
    album cover
    click to order

Mr and Mrs Ashdown

Current Readings

eXTReMe Tracker