« Home | pictures finally up! » | 24 meets 25 » | day one of the sensaphonics » | the want and the waiting » | brueggemann and me » | they're here!!! » | a great evening » | Isaiah 5 » | simply beautiful.... » | new listenings »

wow

so i must admit - on first listen, i wasnt to fond of A Collision. but today i sat down with some headphones and read the words as i listened to the album....oh my...the lyrics are absolutely amazing... i highly recommend checking the album out. it spoke to my soul this day....

I've only heard parts of different songs on the album (whenever its played in the house music at church). I'm with you on the music stuff though...wasn't all that "wowed" by their changing style. From my limited exposure, it seems like a lot of the songs aren't musically cohesive. Like on one song it seems like he's going for a punk style...then he jumps to techno in the next song, etc. I'm wondering, "what style of music is this band trying to play?"

Crowder's a great lyricist though, and im sure the lyrics are awesome. Just haven't had a chance to get into them yet. I'm glad that its speaking to your soul though. It's awesome how a song can do that.

I was driving the other day and stuck in my old Taking Back Sunday disc. Dude I was rocking out hardcore driving down the road. I got absolutely lost in the music. My soul identified with the songs and there was this intense emotional feeling. It was my soul's act of worship...haha...all to Taking Back Sunday! Kinda cool how God can use something that's "secular" to speak truth. :)

Post a Comment

My Music Available At:

    Buy the CD
    album cover
    click to order

Mr and Mrs Ashdown

Current Readings

eXTReMe Tracker