« Home | summer is here » | back at Pondo!! » | crash » | hanging at the coffee shop » | fyi » | david gray » | california » | chillin at RDU » | another great music find... » | a great concert last night »

some new music

thanks to Ben, i am now very fond of THE ALBUM LEAF. i think this kind of music could be my new favorite - i am calling it ambient chill on my itunes genre...think slower postal service songs with no lyrics. just sweet piano tones, rhodes stuff and drum loops. also, picked up the new coldplay and i gotta say - a little too 80's for me. at least on the first listen through....so yeah - hopefully it grows on me...i dont think anything will compare to parachutes though, still my fav to this day...

J- crazy that you mentioned them. I was just listening to them this week on Chet's I-Pod...all I can say is sooooo good! I have a few you need to check out as well.

I think that "swallowed in the sea" track is one of the best they've ever done. I'm also a fan of "fix you" though both songs have a similar structure. Classic record. I'm sure it will grow on you. I bought it in Manila, and listened to it for 2 hours on the plane to Germany. Gets better every time.

Post a Comment

My Music Available At:

    Buy the CD
    album cover
    click to order

Mr and Mrs Ashdown

Current Readings

eXTReMe Tracker